with content and copywriting clients
What I Do
For my brand and entrepreneur clients, I can write blog posts, email newsletters, branded content, website copy, product copy, social copy, press releases, and white papers.
I can also edit content as a developmental editor supporting your content team.
What I Don't Do
I don't copyedit or proofread. I will always strive for the cleanest copy, whether I'm writing or editing. However, my content editing focuses on meaning and structure (not spelling and grammar).
I also don't usually manage marketing channels or place PR materials. I will write the materials for you, revise them as needed, and then send them to your team for any next steps.
Here's my process for planning projects with clients:
1. You tell me about your project by answering a few quick questions.
2. Next, you can book a call with me to chat more about your project.
3. After we talk, I'll write up a project proposal and email it to you within 1-2 business days. The project proposal will include the scope of work, deliverables, proposed deadlines, my rates, and contract terms. The proposal effectively functions as a contract.
3. At this point, you might sign the contract as is, or propose some new terms. Some companies prefer to use their own contracts.
4. Once we sign the agreement, I'll invoice you and you'll pay a deposit (a percentage of the rate) to schedule work with me.
5. When the deposit is paid, I'll schedule your project!
More About How I Work
- I prefer to work remotely. Sometimes, if it's important for the project, I'll work out of a client's Brooklyn or Manhattan office.
- I am an independent contractor. When you hire me, you are entering into contract with my company, Brittany Goss, LLC.
- I use QuickBooks to invoice clients. You can pay me online using ACH transfer or credit card, and I'll absorb the fees.